I’m leaving to go on Christmas vacation this afternoon. My parents, Grandfather and I will be road tripping it to New Orleans, meeting up with several family members there.
Finding my way to Bourbon Street is not my problem, it is the long drive in the car. I get carsick, reading in a moving vehicle is not an option. My first thought was books on tape, but the problem there is that I don’t have a portable CD player (they are almost as extinct as the dinosaurs). I tried looking at checking out MP3s at the library but that sounded too confusing. Then I discovered that my kindle can read to me and despite having purged my CD player I still randomly have the head phones which are as old school as a walkman. Anyway, here’s what I have waiting on my ereader.
- Becoming Josephine by Heather Webb
- The Wife, the Maid, and the Mistress by Ariel Lawhon
- Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan
- The Ghost of the Mary Celeste by Valerie Martin
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tratt
Merry Christmas everyone I’ll ‘see’ you in the new year!