I haven’t participated in a classic spin in quite a while but needing a good kick in the pants to get motivated I figured would be the perfect opportunity.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Try to challenge yourself: list five you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday.
- Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by October 23, even if it’s an icky one you dread reading! (No fair not listing any scary ones!)
My Spin List:
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- The Woman In White by Wilkie Collins
- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
- Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens
- The Winter of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck
- The Story of the Trapp Family Singers by Maria Augusta von Trapp
- Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte
- Jezebel’s Daughter by Wilkie Collins
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Mr. Skeffington by Elizabeth von Arnim
- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
- Old New York by Edith Wharton
- Lady Susan by Jane Austen
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Mr. Harrison’s Confessions by Elizabeth Gaskell
- The Knight of Maison-Rouge by Alexandre Dumas
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte