I am torn in a relationship with Basil Rathbone and Benedict Cumberbatch. Why? Because for years I was a devoted fan of the 1940s Sherlock Holmes movies, but then the BBC came out with Sherlock and had to ask myself where my loyalties lie. Despite my enjoyment of both shows I have never read a single Sherlock Holmes novel. I am truly embarrassed. Anyway, this new series has peeked my interest. Beginning on May 20th, the day after the last scheduled “Sherlock” episode, (and yes I know this is short notice) I plan on hosting a challenge to read all of the Sherlock Holmes books.
The challenge is a year long, beginning today May 20th, 2012 to May 20th, 2013
Below are Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes books along with three different levels of participation. If anyone is interested, please sign up in the comments.
- A Study in Scarlet (published 1887)
- The Sign of the Four (published 1890)
- The Hound of the Baskervilles (serialised 1901–1902 in The Strand)
- The Valley of Fear (serialised 1914–1915)
Short Story Collections
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
- The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
- The Return of Sherlock Holmes
- His Last Bow
- The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes