- Read, read, read!
- There are several levels to choose from
Level 1: 100 minimum
Level 2: 150 at least
Level 3: 200 or more
- You may move up a level but not down
- You don’t need a blog to participate. As long as wherever you link to is public so we can check out your books read.
- Reviews are not necessary (but there will be a post so you can link up) but a list of books read is.
- No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
- Books allowed: Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts.
- Individual short stories in a collection or individual books in the Bible do not count
- Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
- Challenge begins January 1st, 2014 thru December 31, 2014. Books started before the 1st do not count. You can join at anytime.
- A woman who is a mother
- A real life person who is written into a fictional story
- A person that changes forms
- A person who is from a country different than the one you currently live in
- A person who lived before WW1
- A person who lives by a body of water
- A person younger than 18
- A character that is in a book series
- The challenge starts on January 1st 2014, and ends December 31st 2014
- The goal of the read-a-thon is to read as many fairy tale retellings as possible.
- There will be six different levels to aim for in this challenge:
- Poor Cobbler: 1-3 books
- Devilish Wolf: 4-6 books
- Lady in Waiting: 7-9 books
- Mountain Troll: 10-12 books
- Evil Enchantress: 13-15 books
- Monstrous Dragon: 16+ books
- This challenge is only for Young Adult and Middle Grade retellings. No adult or children’s books count towards this challenge.
- Because of confusion in the past, this year only straight retellings of fairy tales will count. No fairy tale-ish books, and no mythological or classic retellings.
- Single novellas do not count towards this challenge, however a compilation of novellas or short stories can count towards this challenge.
- Have fun and spread the word!
I’ve tried to compile as thorough a list as possible of eligible books for this challenge, which can be found here. If you can think of any book(s) that may be missing, don’t hesitate to let me know!