I’ll be starting the Read-A-Thon soon and I’m super excited to set aside a whole day for reading! But before I begin, here is a quick introductory meme for Hour 1.
Where are you reading from today?
I staked out a chair to glue my butt to (or at least for most of the time).
3 facts about me …
- I’ve ridden in the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile
- During a Father’s Day parade I threw Gray Poupon packets from a Rolls Royce. (Remember those commercials from the 90s?)
- I’ve donated 12″ to Locks For Love.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
- The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson (Currently Reading)
- A Modern Mephistopheles by Louisa May Alcott
- the Abbott’s Ghost by Louisa May Alcott
- Lady Susan by Jane Austen
- Love and Friendship by Jane Austen
- Suspense and Sensibility by CarrieBebris
- Jezebel’s Daughter by Wilkie Collins
- Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
I would love to read at least three books today and my goal is to read for 10 hours.
If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Don’t worry about how many books /hours you have or haven’t read it’s not a contest, this is suppose to be fun!