Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon begins today and I am ready to read! I’ll be keeping track of my progress and mini-challenge participation on this post so as not to bog down my blog. I would love to read for at least 6 hours and finish one (or maybe two) books.
Queue (I have not deluded myself into think I can or will read all of these)
- Bellman and Black by Diane Setterfield
- The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley
- A Wilder Rose by Susan Witting Albert
- Slimed by Matthew Klickstein
- The Wife, the Maid and the Mistress by Ariel Lawhon
- Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan
- Bella Cora by Phillip Margulies
- The Drake Equation by Heather Walsh
- Love, Money and Murder by Mike Wells
- What the Dog Knows by Cat Warren
- Red Means Run by Brad Smith
- Crow’s Landing by Brad Smith
- Shoot the Dog by Brad Smith
- James Clyde and the Diamond Orchestra by Colm McElwain
- Manson by Jeff Guinn
- The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood
- The Execution Of Noa P. Singleton by Elizabeth L. Silver
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Legend by Marie Lu
- The Riddle of Sphinx Island by R.T. Raichev
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Time Reading: 4 hours
Time Commenting: 30 minutes
Books Read: 0
Book Progress: 50% of Bellman and Black by Diane Setterfield (kindle edition)
Caffeine Intake: 1
Time Reading: 2 hours
Time Commenting: 20 minutes
Book Progress: 35% of Bellman and Black by Diane Setterfield (kindle edition)
Caffeine Intake: 0 (although I’m due for another one)
Time Read: 1 hour & 30 minutes
Time Commenting: 10 minutes
Books Read: 1
Book Progress: Finished Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield & started Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup
Caffeine Intake: 0
2) What have you finished reading?
3) What is your favorite read so far?
4) What about your favorite snacks?
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!
Hour 17-24 (off to bed)
Time Read: 3 Hours
Time Commenting: 0
Book Progress: 22% read of The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley
Time Read: 11 Hours 30 Minutes
Time Commenting: 1 Hours 30 Minutes
Books Read: Bellman and Black by Diane Setterfield
Books in Progress: The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley & Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup
Caffeine Intake: 2
End of Read-a-Thon Survey
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hours 10-12 I was starting to get a little sleep and needed to wake up
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Even though I didn’t read any this time young adult fantasy is always a great choice
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I think its perfect as is
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The motavation/comments from other participants is always great
5. How many books did you read?
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Bellman and Black by Diane Setterfield
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I only read one thus is the answer above, but I enjoyed the bit I read of The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley
8. Which did you enjoy least?
I had a really hard time with Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup. It wasn’t that I didn’t like it, just the wrong book for a read-a-thon
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
If I can, I will. I’ve always thought about being a cheerleader, maybe next time.