- Bout of Books will run from 12:01am 10/24 through 11:59 pm 10/30 (your time zone)
- Read as much as you can whenever you can. I know
that this Bout of Books is close on the heels of the Dewey Read-a-Thon;
this was an oversight on my part, but if you plan on reading AT ALL,
please sign up. The only person you are competing against here is
yourself. There is no pressure.
- Bout of Books should be about networking with fellow bloggers in addition to reading.
You were going to read that week anyway, right? Bout of Books gives
you the opportunity to share your reading experience with other readers.
- Use #boutofbooks on Twitter to update people on your progress and what you are reading. Feel free to follow me (@BookBender) and your co-hosts (links to follow) for Bout of Books information, but please do NOT @ me (or the co-hosts) with all your updates.
This happened during the last Bout of Books, and it was unnecessary
and flooded people’s timelines. Using #boutofbooks should suffice. I
will try to repopulate the Bout of Books Twitter list.
- Sign-up (beginning 10/6), the master list of participants, official schedule (up by 10/20?), and wrap-up post will all be here on my blog. I will also give people the opportunity to post their read-a-thon goals and possible books to read. My Bout of Books “starting line” post will go up on 10/22.