- challenge will run from Monday, November 19, 2012 through Sunday, January 6, 2013 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
- cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
- These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time…a children’s Christmas books level!
–Candy Cane: read 1 book
–Mistletoe: read 2-4 books
–Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level…LOL!)
–Fa La La La Films: watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies…it’s up to you!
–Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with your children this season and share what you read
*the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above
I will be participating in the Mistletoe and Fa La La La Film levels. I watch It’s A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol (1938) every year without fail. As for project Mistletoe I will probably aim for two and anything else is gravy.
- Charles Dickens’ “Christmas Novels”
- A Christmas Carol (already read)
- The Chimes
- The Cricket on the Hearth
- The Battle of Life
- The Haunted Man and the Ghost’s Bargain